Aare of Ibadanland, the Atunluse of Ibadanland, the Pillar of Support and Sustenance of Islamic Umma in Oyo State and the father of the mordern Oyo State, Mr. Restoration, Mr. Transformation , Mr. Repositioning, Mr.Quality, Master Strategist, A Pious and Godly personality and a Blessing of the Most High to the people of Oyo State in particular, Nigeria and mankind in general, Senator Dr. Aare Isiaka( not Isiaq as he is a Yorubaman and not Arab) Abiola Akanji Adeyemi Ajimobi, GOV, the father of the mordern Oyo State and the glory of God the jinx breaker- Koseleri 1 of Oyo State , the proud husband of Yeye Aare Florence Fatima Ajimobi, our masterpiece of nature( will write on Floxy Abiola my Benefactor and Angel soonest).
Let me simplify my task here by pigeonhole the attributes and qualities of this great Statesman under reference as profiled by me hereunder-
A. ASTUTE ADMINISTRATOR
Oyo State was thrown into abysmal filth of inverse, reverse and un-pacesetting when the PDP led government at the centre under the then President Olusegun Obasanjo unleashed a willing tool and ally, the Garrison Commander of Oyo State Politics, Chief Lamidi Ariyibi Adedibu of blessed memory to destabilise the progressive and purposeful government of Senator Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja in 2005 and Oyo State never recovered from that dungeon of retrogressiveness until Senator Abiola Ajimobi came on board on the 29th May, 2011 through a credible, free, fair and transparent election conducted by a pious Gentleman, Professor Attahiru Jega who resisted all the pressures mounted him by the then President Obasanjo to announce a losing PDP candidate as the winner of that election.
All thanks to Almighty God who used Alhaji Ahmed Raji, SAN to also prevail on Professor Jega to maintain his insistence on declaring the rightful winner of that election in the person of Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
From 30th May, 2011, Senator Ajimobi hit the ground running with the launching of his government tripod RTR policy to wit: Restoration, Transformation and Repositioning. The remarkable results and the greatest unprecedented dividends of democracy which were never experienced in Oyo State since the exit of our great sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo of blessed memory, was freely delivered and impacted at the doorsteps of the good people of Oyo State in all sectors of the state as follows-
* Restoration of the Corporate being and pride of the people of Oyo State
* Suave, Urbane, Decent and Proud representation of the State by the Governor himself as the status symbol of the people and government of Oyo State
* Urban Renewal
*Uplifted , Efficient ,Effective productive and less corrupt Civil service and public servants
* Introduction of Excellent Public Administration
* Appointment of Qualitative political Appointees
* Urban Renewal
* Provision of the qualitative Infrastructural facilities
* Medical Mission
* Entrenchement of the Rule of Laws through a thoroughly Rehabilitated Justice Sector
* Oyomesi Qualitative Education
* Estabilishment of full-fledged Polytechnics in Oke-Ogun and Ibarapa Zones
* Pioneered the Introduction of TSA in the country ( since 2011)
* Peaceful Resolution of the LAUTECH Ownership Crisis at the Supreme Court
*Enhancement and According Traditional Institutions a pre-eminent and prominent position
*Resolution of the trumped-up crisis among the Traditional Institutions in the State
” Resolution of Labour and Industrial Crisis through Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms
* Creation and Development of Recreational, Gaming and Sporting facilities
* Creation of Conducive and Enabling Environment for Bussiness Opportunities
* Attracting Investment Opportunities into the State
* Creation of Free Trade and Export Processing Zones
* Ongoing Construction of Circular Roads
* Flood Control
* Restoring the Development Partners’ confidence in the State and symbiotic collaboration with them
* Pioneer the Design of the Development and Masterplan for the State
*Eradication of perennial flood in the State
* Establishment of the premier Technical University in Nigeria in Oyo State
* Elimination of Ghost Workers in the Ministries, Departments and Agencies
* Total Blocking of Revenue Leakages
*Efficient Allocation of the Lean Government Revenue among competing needs of the state
And please note that the wage bill of Oyo State is about N4.9b while the Federal Allocation and the State’s IGR is N5.2billion at the best or peak period.
* Grooming of a Credible , Competent Astute and Incorruptible Successor who shall be Mr. Actualizer that would consolidate and improve on the solid foundation ably built by the Archipellago himself.
Can you beat all that I have enumerated above? Your informed, unbiased , non-prejudiced and sincere comments please.
“Conscience is an open wound and only the truth can heal it” – Sheikh Uthman Dan Fodio
” Governance must not under any circumstances be entrusted to those who profess to be Moslems or Christians if they are unfair and unjust ; Rather Governance should be rightfully entrusted to the infidels if they are fair and just” – Alhaji Maitama Sule.
By Adebayo Mutalubi Ojo
(Ojo was Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice.)