The lawmaker representing Irepo/Oorelope/Olorunsogo federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Barr. Oladele Olatubosun has reeled out his achievements.
According to the former state youth leader of Alliance for Democracy and former information commissioner, he said he has done well though there are still more to be done to better the lot of his constituents.
Below are the listed achievements:
We started Town hall/Constituency meeting which is unprecedented in the history of our Federal Constituency but majority of our critics of today never bothered to attend while some that attended were more interested in personal gains and requests. Of course there were those that attended and made positive remarks with constructive criticism. I must say those comments and criticism assisted us in drawing our road-map and shaping our agenda.
The Constituency meeting is still ongoing with Oorelope LGA as our next host.
1. We gave out over 4,000 text books/Study packs under the BOSUN EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT AND TRAINING Program B.E.S.T. to pupils in Primary 6 through out the constituency covering all their subjects to prepare them for common entrance examinations. You may ask to be shown samples.
2. We organized holiday coaching for JSS students in all the 3 local governments in the constituency to help improve the performance of the students.
3. For over 10 years before my election, I have been giving cash assistance to students in higher institutions and secondary Schools especially from Igbeti to support their quest for higher education and I still continue to do so and have extended it to the entire Federal Constituency. I have records of this and some of the beneficiaries are brilliant graduates today.
4. We have finished the construction of a modern skill acquisition Centre in Olorunsogo LGA and it is now waiting to be equipped. This is to train people in one skill or the other and make them employable.
5. We have supported schools with computers in the past particularly in Olorunsogo LGA. Check UMCA grammar School and Ogunbode Memorial Grammar School.
6. We recently donated a power generating set to Muslim High School Igbeti to support their ICT centre.
1. We Distributed 150 new motorcycles to our people in Irepo/Oorelope/Olorunsogo Federal Constituency to assist in transporting them to farms and villages since majority are farmers and they also live in villages, while we also gave one to each of our security agencies to assist their crime fighting ability. You may find out from the police, civil defense etc
2. We gave out 75 farmers’ herbicide spraying pumps with chemicals.
3. We gave out 25 deep freezers.
4. We gave out 30 hair dryers
5. We distributed 75 generators
6. We gave out 50 sewing machines
7. We gave out 20 grinding machines.
The distribution list covered Irepo/Oorelope/Olorunsogo Federal Constituency and we have the records of beneficiaries.
8. Provision of 200 KVA Power transformer at L.A School junction, Igbeti, 2016.
9. Financial assistance to individuals, organizations, Associations and religious bodies by myself are too numerous to mention across the 3 LGAs that I represent and spanning social engagements, businesses, health and medical bills, poverty alleviation, school support and fees etc.
For the avoidance of doubt every member of my staff and aides have records of this and we maintain a main register that is updated on daily basis. This can be opened to anybody for inspection in our constituency office.
HEALTH AND MDICAL INTERVENTION
1. Periodic hospital visitations in all the federal constituency coupled with provisions of drugs and other essential needs to assist patients and hospitals.
2. Payments of hospital bills and medical assistance to constituents. We have records of all these too.
3. Free health and surgical intervention is on the way too in the first Quarter of 2018
WATER AND SANITATION
1. Repair and rehabilitation of over 15 boreholes around Igbeti and the villages e.g:
* Onile-Aro, Kisi Road, Ojebeeyo. Igbeti
* Gaa – Nla Baani Road.
*Moti, Apatalaje Road
*Ojo Aaro Village
*Gaa Alhaji Yesufu
*Ile Oloro (yet to be completed)
*Ehin Oke area (to begin)
We realized that lack of portable water posed serious challenges especially health wise in 109 Villages and part of town in Olorunsogo Local Government we visited all during the campaign while we pledged to help, alleviate these challenges hence the rehabilitation of the boreholes and drilling of new ones. The same for Irepo /Oorelope LGs Anyone in doubt can visit the locations. We have our records And for avoidance of doubts more boreholes are coming for Irepo and Oorelope LGs under 2017/18 budgets.
2. Provision of about 20 hand pump boreholes in different locations in the Federal constituency in 2016/2017 :
*St Mary School are Oke craal (kara) Igbeti
* Isale Owode
*Yidi (moslem praying ground)
*Ewenla/Bible School Igbeti
*Gaa Ranti, Kishi
*Onshile, Adagbangba Road, Kisi
*Aawe, wele wele Road, Kisi (to start)
*Ikolaba Compund, Igboho.
*Ile Loko, Igboho
*Budo Sianu, Kisi Road
*Lafi, Adangba Village, Igbope
*Ate/Kajola village Oorelope LGA
*Gaa Alhaji Sade/Dogo, apatalaje area
*Cele Area Olorunsogo LG
*Ajegunle Area, Best Brain, Kisi
*Orita Mefa, Olorunsogo LG
1. We have organized one of the best soccer competition among football clubs in the constituency and donated trophies for the best 3 teams with cash prizes paid while certificates of participation were issued to all players.
2. Plans are already in top gear to send 3 best coaches in the constituency abroad for certification training.
3. We have consistently supported School sports competition annually with cash and materials We also have the records of beneficiaries.
Our constituency is blessed with potential tourists sites like the 16 hills in Igbeti, the old Oyo National park, around Ogundiran, the Oyo Ile and Igbo -Oba in Igboho with other sites of attraction in and around Irepo LG. We campaigned and pledged to develop tourism in our constituency and we have been promoting tourism through the Annual Easter carnival on Iyamapo Hills bringing media houses and calling Government attention to our potentials. Of course any right thinking person will know that this requires consistency and innovations for meaningful dividends to come out. 2015/16 witnessed extensive coverage by BCOS tv and TVC international while the print media such as Nigerian Tribune, The Sun, The Nation, New Telegraph and Travel Scope Magazine were on hand for two days in Igbeti to cover the events and also to visit some of the sites and to write stories even on our mineral deposits. You can google these or check the website of the media houses for details.
NB. This year’s event will definitely be better as we are partnering with the Sun Newspaper and some other corporate organizations for sponsorship and buy-ins.
As a law maker, I have been contributing my own quota through motions and bills on the floor of the House of Representatives including
*Bill on constitutional amendment; Providing for Rights of Appeal from the decisions of Investments and Securities Tribunal In the ongoing amendments.
*Motion on Ilorin/Igbeti/kisi/kaiama road,
*Motion on recruitment into police force co-sponsored with the House Leader.
* Motion to investigate Medical and Dental Council and ensure Medical Doctors meet service year of NYSC,
* Motion calling on Nigeria to review its position in ECOWAS and oppose Morroco’s bid to join ECOWAS. (Which would affect Nigeria economically and politically/diplomatically if allowed)*
* Contribution to motion to investigate the acts of land grabbing and stop same in Nigeria and many others.
*Co-sponsored Motion to make more use of the Military Engineers and expert in construction and rebuilding efforts of the Government in respect of infrastructure in Nigeria.
Finally, it may interest you to know that in the whole of the present National Assembly in Nigeria I am the only Member representing Nigeria in ECOWAS parliament and also at the African/Caribbean/Pacific-EuropeanUnion (ACP) Joint Parliamentary Assembly at the same time.
This requires that I seat in our national Parliarment, ECOWAS Parliarment and the ACP-EU assembly regularly.
My representation has not only been beneficial to my constituents but to Nigeria as a country in view of the global trend of most issues debated at such levels such as :
*access to basic medicines
*legal migration and the plight of migrants
* Libya slave trading
*free movement of persons
*lake chad region economy, lake recharging and cooperation
*Military Cooperations and networking
*anti-terrorism cooperation and progress report.
*High seas and international and regional admiralty safety and cooperation in view of Piracy which has plagued our waterways.
*Human trafficking, etc.
Employment facilitation and Skill Acquisition.
*We have assisted by enlisting our constituents into Nigeria Police through the 10 names per LG submitted (though that of Irepo had some manipulations that are being addressed via a petition by KPU and we shall ensure we get justice in that regard) and the likes of Durosinmi and Omidiji are examples Pls note that Omidiji is now an ASP (the first of such)by any Rep from our constituency!
* Our constituents, about eight of them just concluded training and recruitment into Nigerian Army and some of them were seen in uniform at our December annual end of year reception for our constituents. (They all cut across the 3 LGAs)e.g:
– Ayobami Odeleye
– Kayode Abel
– Emmanuel Adewale
– Amao Olamilekan
– Okedele Samson
– Ajeigbe Simeon
– Opadotun Aderogba
*One of our 1st class graduate Abdulrosheed Mutolib Jide has just been employed by the Nigerian Railway Corporation as Traffic and Commercial officer. He is posted to Bauchi.
* We have high hopes that some of our constituents will do well enough to get into FIRS and Civil Defence whenever the recruitment exercises are finalized
*Our 39 nominees for various skill acquisition training such as phone repairing, flooring and tiling, barbing, etc under the auspices of National Directorate of Employment NDE are currently undergoing training and some have concluded cosmetology training just last week. They are all from our constituency.
* Our nominee for Google training Oke Adedayo Stephen completed the training and I am sure he found it useful.
* We also nominated our constituents for N-Power recruitment exercise, a few of them were called up while many others are yet to be engaged and I know there is an ongoing effort at the assembly level to ensure fairness in this regard.
* Our pilot agriculture training and empowerment program is coming up in one week time in fulfillment of our campaign promise to create agri-preneurs from our constituency.
*Equipments such as computers, sewing and weaving machines, engine block cutting and re-boring machines etc for our skill acquisition centre is already on ground at the constituency. We shall commission them soon.”