Oyo State governor, Abiola Ajimobi has said he will not dethrone the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji, even though he has taken actions which warrants it.
The governor said this while speaking with state house correspondents after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday.
Governor Abiola Ajimobi had premised his reasons on the following;
1. He said the monarch is his father’s younger brother.
2. He added that he would do his best to promote peace in the state.
3. Ajimobi also said that particular chieftaincy declaration is being politicised.
How it all started:
- Trouble started when Ajimobi appointed 21 Obas and installed them on the same day.
- The Olubadan had condemned the action and sued the governor.
- The Osi Olubadan and former governor of the state, Rasheed Ladoja also condemned the move.
- Gunmen had also attacked the palace of the Olubadan, where they opened fire during a meeting.