The people of Oyo State are in for good times as education in the state will soon achieve another landmark. The newly launched Oyo State Model Education System Intervention – “OYOMESI Initiative” will be put into use.
The initiative is an education model that will consolidate on the efforts of the state government to reposition the state to its pace setter status.
InsideOyo.com learnt that it is a group of intervention strategies to give the state quick fix in the education sector so as to close the gap in improving attainment of our students.
It is also aimed at “closing the gap in infrastructure and also in the opportunity to ensure that our students have access to qualitative education which is a stand for Sustainable Development Goals’ agenda”.
Here are five things every Oyo indigene should about the initiative:
1. It is an educational initiative in line with the UNESCO declaration.
2. The focus of the Oyomesi agenda is to raise competent and civil citizens.
3. Oyomesi is a number of intervention strategies to bridge the gap in provision while raising the academic attainments of pupils in the state.
4. The OYOMESI is premised on three strands: a. character education b. localizing education content and c. improving teachers’ motivation and competency.
5. OYOMESI initiative will not be government policy alone. It is going to involve the Ministry of Education, all parastatals and agencies in education sector, experts, parents.