As Oyo APC sets for the state congress tomorrow, former Deputy Governor of Kano State, Alhaji Abdullahi Gwarzo, has been assigned as the Chairman of tomorrow’s congress in Oyo State.
He is to work alongside four other members.
Recall that since the beginning of the APC Congress in the state, Oyo APC has been divided into two factions – Unity Forum and Senaco Group.
The Unity Forum comprises other groups in the party who according to them merged together to uphold the internal democracy within the party in the state while SENACO Group are loyalists of the Governor of the state, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
Insideoyo.com brings you 6 notable things about the Chairman of tomorrow’s State congress:
1. Alhaji Abdullahi Tijjani Gwarzo was a Deputy Governor of Kano State from May 2007 to May 2011 under the platform of ANPP.
2. He was the Deputy Governor to Ex-Governor Ibrahim Shekarua and he was also a gubernatorial candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria in the 2011 election.
3. He was the Chairman Kano APC Harmonisation Committee. He was elected by Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso doing the formation of the All Progressives Congress.
4. While in power in 2011, Abdullahi Gwarzo decamped from the All Nigerian Peoples Party, (ANPP) and joined the Action Congress (AC). But he didn’t resign from the government.
5. Tijjani Muhammad Gwarzo resigned as the state Commissioner of Water Resources in 2010 because of his gubernatorial ambition.
6. Despite his closeness to Kano state governor, Ganduje who is also Ajimobi’s inlaw, Gwarzo is expected to play a neutral position at tomorrow’s congress