Mrs. Hannah Olawumi Ogunesan, has been announced as the new Oyo state Head of Service with effect from Thursday, February 8, 2018.
Insideoyo.com brings our numerous readers some of the things you need to know about the outgoing permanent secretary of the ministry of local government and chieftaincy matters, Mrs Hannah Olawumi Ogunesan, whom we had earlier pitched among the 14 potential deputy governorship candidate in 2019:
1) She was born 54 years ago
2) She is from Ago-Amodu, headquarters of Saki East local government area of Oyo State.
3) Her husband is from neighbouring Saki West local government area of Oyo State.
4) She joined the public service of the state on April 1, 1989.
5) She is an alumnus of the University of Ado-Ekiti (now Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti) where she did her bachelor’s degree.
6) She also attended Ogun State University (now Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye) for a masters degrees in Business Administration.
7) She is also an alumnus of the London School of Economics’ Executive Summer School, where she completed an approved programme on Strategic Decisions in Management.
8) Until her appointment, she was permanent secretary in the state’s ministry of local government and chieftaincy matters since July 1, 2015.
9) She became HoS 29 years after joining the civil service.
10) She’s force to reckon with in the scheme of things in the state and very influential.
11. Her appointment is coming few days after the announcement for the conduct of LG election in the state in more than 10 years
12. Some of her ill times at the Ministry:
– Alleged removal of Alhaji Kareem Adebayo, the party chairman in Saki West local government – READ MORE
Communications minister and deputy speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly, Barristers Adebayo Shittu and AbdulWasi Musah had in April 2017 accused the outgoing permanent secretary in the Oyo State Ministry of local government and chieftaincy matters, Mrs Olawumi Ogunesan of causing disunity within the camp of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
There were reacting to the alleged removal of Alhaji Kareem Adebayo, the party chairman in Saki West local government where Shittu hails from.
– Installation of new Obas
Her ministry was in charge of the traditional rulers affairs in the State. She handed over conferment letters to the new kings as her role as the permanent secretary, Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, 26 August 2017.
The case is still in court.
– Swearing in of two rejected LG nominees – READ MORE
Hon. Segun Olaleye had accused the Permanent Secretary of the state’s Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, Mrs Hannah Ogunesan as the brain behind the crisis.