Crownbirth Limited, an EdTech start-up, has launched a uniquely designed multi-stakeholders cloud-based School Management System called TAMS – Technology-Assisted Academic Management System.
The launch event was held at the Conference Hotel, Abeokuta, Ogun State on Wednesday, 25 November 2020 under the theme – TAMS: EdTech Reimagined.
The TAMS is set to be a leading EdTech solution in Nigeria and the Africa market space with adaptive solution offerings that deliver new experiences to education stakeholders. Unlike other school management systems, TAMS Basic adds greater value by uniquely providing schools with personalized cloud platform with integrated features to automate key school activities and deliver quality education needed for schools to stay competitive in the post-COVID era.
Furthermore, TAMS also uniquely provides a customizable platform for Banks, FinTech, EduConsults and other third-party agents to offer the solution as a valued-added service to schools under their respective brand. TAMS, therefore, has the potential to transform the education system as well as support stakeholders to build a profitable ecosystem for employment, profitability and value generation. Interested Banks, FinTech, Third-party Agents and Schools can register on http://edutams.net to create a profile and customise it to onboard and service schools on the TAMS platform, and get commission on subscription paid by the schools.
According to Crownbirth Limited, TAMS’ new approach to school management system is based on a well-researched structured framework for basic and tertiary education systems. This positions TAMS as a leading school management system in Nigeria and Africa with strong knowledge power to set new pace and direction in the EdTech ecosystem.
“The unique value propositions of TAMS Basic are described within the context of its new features and approaches to the delivery of school management system with:
- Personalisation that offers each school automated subdomain and self-defined colour themes to maintain individual school identity.
- Self-Boarding with DIY approach that offers new experience for administrators to effortlessly start and complete school set-up process in simplified structured stages
- Optimised Platform that uses light-weight technologies with integrated modules to automate key school processes; giving cross-platform data analytic to support decision-making process.
- Agency Approach that empowers corporate individuals with personalised platform to provide school management solution as a service to schools and earn commission in return.
- Integrated Payment that rides on custom payment gateway to process and settle fees/payment collections at extremely lower charges.”
The founder of Crownbirth Limited, Mr Ademola Adenubi, a doctoral researcher in Framework for Integrated EMIS Development at the University of South Africa, said within 6 months of launching TAMS Basic on http://edutams.net as a cloud-based solution, over 100 basic schools across Ogun State and environs have been on-boarded due to the fact that the portal is fit-for-purpose and on the strength that it is well researched to deliver integrated modules with user experiences that delivers on the needs and requirements of schools.
“TAMS basic features capture and respond to the reality of the post-COVID era for educators, parents, teachers and the government.”
We deliver TAMS Pro with customised plan and payment. Meanwhile, the TAMS Basic is delivered with a unified single login interface for all stakeholders with flexible subscription plans for schools to gain access to these features to automate most of their school processes and operations, thus:
- Self-Service Setup – structured and staged setup platform
- User Profile Manager – users – administrators, teachers, students and parents
- Roles & Permissions – creates and assigns roles and permissions to users
- Academic Manager – manages academic units, curriculum and scheme of works
- Registration Manager – enrols and manages students in classes.
- Admissions Manager – manages application batches including entrance exams
- Bursary Manager – manages cash and online collection of various fees
- Digital Class – interactive platforms for live video-led classes & Lesson Notes
- Attendance Manager – marking attendance online and sharing notifications
- Messaging Channel – internal messaging platform for all users to communicate
- Result Processing – result processing with choice of result sheet templates
- E-Assessment Manager – simplified quiz and assignment platform
- Video Tutorials – open video resources for topics in scheme of works
- Transport Manager – manages school fleet of buses and schedules
- Hostel Manager – manages allocation of bed spaces and boarding system
- Activity Log – audits trails and log of all user activities
- Subscription Manager – flexible internal subscription payment platform
“The trajectory of Crownbirth Limited began with its registration as a company in 2006 and deployment of its first version of TAMS as a software product in 2013 at Tai Solarin University of Education, Ogun State, Nigeria.
“Between 2013 and 2019, TAMS has iterated three (3) cycles of product life, with each cycle building on knowledges and experiences from the previous cycle to extend its functionalities to model education requirements and ensure stability in the proof-of-concept of the solution. By 2019, TAMS has deployed to five (5) tertiary education institutions in Ogun State, with some of them switching to TAMS because of its stability, robustness and adaptability to their needs and requirements.
“The TAMS Pro is offered as a dedicated, customised and scalable school management system for tertiary education institutions. Meanwhile, the TAMS Basic is launched as a version for the basic schools.”
The launching was attended by former Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, incumbent Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Prof Abayomi Arigbabu joined other industry leaders: Mr Bosun Tijani (Founder & CEO of CCHub). Others include Mr Ajibade Laolu-Adewale (Head of Partnership, Digital Solutions and FINTECH at WEMA Bank) and Dr Adefunke Ekine (Deputy Director, Research and External Relations at Tai Solarin University of Education, Ogun State).