Though they are not all from Ibadan, the Oyo State capital but they are reckoned with within and beyond.
They are big, bold and respected among their peers in the state.
Insideoyo.com lists few of these female achievers, in no particular order of ranking.
1) AMINAT ABIODUN is the Iyalode of Ibadanland. She is respected and connected. Despite her age, the ‘king of Ibadan women’ is still beautiful. She is the most influential Ibadan woman and a successful businesswoman. She is said to enjoy cult-like following among the womenfolks.
2) ZHIKRAH AKANBI is the beautiful wife of Sen. Adesoji Akanbi. Right from her undergraduate days, entrepreneurship runs in her blood. Together with her own, she runs the family’s aviation and tourism business. She resigned from a banking job to start Libragold, Al-furqan travels and tours with her husband.
3) FLORENCE AJIMOBI is the beautiful first lady of Oyo State. She doesn’t allow the perks associated with being government to overshadow her. She is reportedly to be behind a thriving business which has continued to boom continuously.
4) BOLA OLOGBUROis the beautiful wife of Oyo-born Alhaji ‘Tunde Ologburo. For long, she has been deeply involved in textile business apart from the other businesses she does with her husband. She is billed to commission her Lace & Fabrics, a store for lace and other clothing materials, inside the popular Jericho Mall.
5) FOLASADE AKINLABI is a textile merchant. Fatshad as she is known flies around continent, buying and marketing her product. She is one of the most popular Gbagi big women. Apart from textile business, she is said to be involved in properties and real estate.
6) VICTORIA SAMSON is the managing director of BOVAS Group, an indigenous independent petroleum marketing company, which she established together with her husband in 1980. The marketer has over 25 years experience in the oil and gas industry as dealer with both Texaco Nigeria Plc and Mobil Plc. She was the first Nigerian to win the highly competitive Texaco Latin America West Africa (LAWA) Award for Best Overall Dealer in 1990 for the highest sales in both regions combined.
7) FUNMI ROBERT is a top female lawyer in Ibadan. Called to the Nigerian Bar in June 1982 after obtaining her Bachelor of Laws Degree in the Second Class Upper Division from the University of Ife, Ile-Ife, Osun State of Nigeria, she taught at the Faculty of Law, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, after a 3-month stint as State Counsel in the Ministry of Justice of Oyo State of Nigeria.
Immediately after obtaining her Masters of Laws Degree from his alma mater, she established her Law Firm, Funmi Roberts & Co. In 1989 and it has grown to be one of the foremost female-owned law firms in Nigeria with offices in Ibadan, Oyo State and Lagos State, and focal point at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. She is said to be in ‘control’ of many retainership with major oil companies.
8) FUNSO ADEGBOLA is the director of The Vale College, Ibadan. The only daughter of late former governor of Oyo State and power and steel minister, Chief Bola Ige is a mentor to many women in the state. And apart from this, she has nurtured her school to greatness as it is one of the most sought-after schools within and outside the state.
9) TAOFEEKAT BABAYEMI also runs a successful textile business at Gbagi market. Though young, she recently dazzled everyone when she comissioned a multi-million naira hotel, Palms 77, located at No 67/68 beside Officers Mess, Agodi GRA.
10) MUTIAT ‘LADIMEJI is in charge at MUTLAD oil. The company which started from scratch has blossomed to a stage that many people are ‘queuing’ to buy into it.